Thursday 7 November 2013

Heart of Glass

Half punk icon, half disco darling, Debbie Harry epitomized the 1970's.

I've been obsessed with the bleach blonde bombshell ever since I discovered that she started her career trying to make contacts working as a Playboy Bunny in New York and that pre-Blondie she was in a folk band called 'The Wind in the Willows'.

Everything about her screamed effortlessly cool, and to pop in a cliche, every girl wanted to be her and, with those feline features, every boy wanted to date her.
I was lucky enough to see the lady herself at T in the Park (bear in mind halfway through Call Me the lovely Scottish sunshine decided to part and make way for hailstones so we escaped to the nearest tent, sorry Debbie!) But that 5 minutes that I saw of her was everything I'd ever imagined, and even growing gracefully at 68, she's still the coolest cat in punk.

                                    

 
love you and leave you
 
 




 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment